Thursday, July 24, 2008

Grammy & Dingdaddy

This is a week late, but I still wanted to post some pics & stories from our trip to my parents. We had so much fun seeing them... we tried to pack every fun summer activity into 4 days, so we stayed busy. Just a short recap...

here's Mae modeling Dingdaddy's boots... just in case his name gets changed some day - I'll document that for now we are truly calling my dad "Dingdaddy". He wanted to go by Grandaddy, but when Anna was about 18 months that's how she pronounced it, and it stuck. Silly yes, but he doesn't seem to mind. We did draw the line when Mae started calling my mom "Happy" instead of Grammy a few months ago. We thought "Happy and Dingdaddy" sounded like an old drunk couple. :)
Anna & I spent one morning at a paint your own pottery studio. She LOVED it. She could hardly think of what to paint for herself, bc she was so excited about making gifts for everyone. Below is the bunny she painted for our neighbor Abby, she also did a mug for my Dad's birthday & a trophy (yes, she HAD to have that & couldn't be talked into anything else) for my mom that she painted "Good Grammy" on.

Here are the girls & Dingdaddy at his store on "the National Day of the Cowboy" - a special event with some cowboy/girl artists, a chuck wagon, puppies, and sales on saddles, etc. They love visiting my Dad even on regular days at the store - so this extra fun was even better!
Friday night my dad also took Anna to the rodeo. He didn't get any pictures, but her memories of the night are priceless! The got home "crazy late" as Anna says, but she was bursting with all they got to see and do. It went something like... "I got to ride real horses! I got to pet a baby goat! We got TWO BAGS of SKITTLES! I saw a kangaroo in the petting zoo! I got TWO BAGS of SKITTLES! I saw cowgirls ride around and around! Next year I'm going to catch a cow in the calf scramble! I got TWO BAGS of SKITTLES!" Well, you get the point. She still is retelling this version of the story to us over and over a week later. When I asked her if she obeyed Dingdaddy and didn't whine if he told her no she responded, "No, I didn't whine, because Dingdaddy LET ME DO EVERYTHING!" She made a forever memory that night for sure!

I love this fancy roping trick Mae was doing on one foot.

Eating her bisquit from the chuck wagon.
One day mom & I took Anna, Mae, and Madison to the city pool. They don't allow any inflated floaties, so Anna learned all kinds of noodle tricks. This is the cowgirl style.
Mae couldn't see a thing in these fogged up goggles, but she looked pretty cute anyhow!

We also spent time at the jump house place, mall play place, and enjoyed seeing Uncle Josh, Jenny, Uncle Mike, & Krystal. I wish I had pics, but the only ones I got were some very silly ones of everyone playing UNO (Anna begged).
Thanks for a great week Grammy & Dingdaddy! We LOVE our visits to see you!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love these...they are such great pictures! The one of Mae in the boots is just priceless and I love the outfits both girls have on in the other pictures! I'm always amazed at how cute their outfits are in your ordinary, everyday pictures..you'll have to give me girly tips...we don't even have to brush hair at our house yet!!! : )

rhonda said...

What a great visit we had. We loved having you girls here and believe me, the girls are giving us forever memories too. I'm at Aunt Veda's right now reading your blog, and I can guarantee that Dad read it tonite and loved your post. He had the absolute best time taking Anna to the rodeo. Nothing pleases him more than spending time with his grandbabies. See you in a couple weeks.
mom

Alyssa said...

I love all of your pictures :) You do a great job documenting all the fun that you guys had at Jenny's and your mom's house. Summer trips are so much fun :) Lauren really likes to go to the pottery studio. Maybe we can figure out a way to take the big girls to paint sometime :)

Whitney said...

I'm glad yall had such a wonderful visit with your parents! Okay, the name for your dad is CRACKING ME UP!

Monica said...

Those goggles are so funny!!