Friday, June 28, 2013

Lucky 13

Two days of blissful quiet!  After the first two crazy weeks of summer - summer spectacular, sports camp, extra kids at the house - we were counting down the days until this get-away. This is our first trip without kids since my brother's destination wedding when I was huge pregnant with Judah.  Long overdue!  Part of our honeymoon 13 years ago was spent in Fredricksburg & it's only an hours drive from San Antonio so it seemed the perfect spot for a quick anniversary escape.  Nana & Pappy were generous to offer to keep all of our monkeys for two nights, so after a quick visit to the ranch (with a small ranch drama - a baby calf was missing so the boys spent all morning crawling through brush looking for her), we headed off BY OURSELVES.  I'm not sure we spoke much on the drive there - just soaking in the silence!  

Our cabin was cozy & really cute - we spent part of the weekend there just hanging out & watching movies, snacking, reading, not cleaning, not entertaining kids, not breaking up fights.  Basically being bums & loving every minute.  We also ate out at some great restaurants (Rathskeller, the Pink Pig, & Hondo), visited Pedernales State Park to chill in the river, shopped a little, & went to a wine tasting at Messina Hoff.

I feel more blessed every year that the Lord chose Tom for me.  I couldn't ask for a more attentive husband & dad.  Each year God has grown us closer together spiritually through challenges we face, study, & our choices to put each other first.  I tell the kids often that I love them to pieces, but Daddy is my favorite.













2 comments:

rhonda said...

How can it be?????? Love you guys to pieces.

Alyssa said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! So glad it worked out for you guys to escape together for a few days! Happy Anniversary!