I had to start the trip posts with one of the best parts - our little snow bunnies! We were so surprised at how well all of the girls did for their first real ski experience. We had let them play on skiis on a sledding hill a few years ago - but this was the real deal with ski school. My girls did not care for ski school - especially Anna. She felt like it was really babyish. It was totally the right choice though... they had to stick with it long enough to get the hang of it. I wasn't even sure going into the trip if they would hate the gear & uncomfortable boots too much to really give it a chance but I was thrilled to hear that after a couple hours of ski school they were going up to the top of the bunny hill & skiing right down. I had stayed at the cabin with Judah that day... we tried to visit the mountain to take pictures of lessons but it was Judah's nap time & he had a total meltdown. Just a few hours later Tom sent me videos of Anna, Mae, & Madison skiing like they'd been at it for days. They were begging to go back so Tom, Jeni & I skied with them the next day. After a few runs on the magic carpet bunny hill Mae, Madison, & Jeni were ready to try the lift. All three did so well & rode it over & over the rest of the day. Anna decided she didn't want to try the lift this year but did great on the bunny hill. So proud of them!
Tom, Josh, Jeni, Mike, & I skied the day before the kids' lessons & froze our behinds off. The high on the mountain that day was 2 degrees, so the morning was well below zero with a wicked wind chill. I think I got in about 6 runs before I decided to call it a day. We were so thankful that the rest of the week had spring skiing temps - especially for the kids. Besides one crazy afternoon where we thought we had lost Dingdaddy on the mountain (no cell service on the mountain that day, miscommunication, but a call to the ski patrol got it sorted out), we had a great ski experience all week. Even Leah tried it for a few hours with Josh & did so well. We are so glad that now that the girls have conquered the hardest part they will pick up where they left off on our next trip.
Tom, Josh, Jeni, Mike, & I skied the day before the kids' lessons & froze our behinds off. The high on the mountain that day was 2 degrees, so the morning was well below zero with a wicked wind chill. I think I got in about 6 runs before I decided to call it a day. We were so thankful that the rest of the week had spring skiing temps - especially for the kids. Besides one crazy afternoon where we thought we had lost Dingdaddy on the mountain (no cell service on the mountain that day, miscommunication, but a call to the ski patrol got it sorted out), we had a great ski experience all week. Even Leah tried it for a few hours with Josh & did so well. We are so glad that now that the girls have conquered the hardest part they will pick up where they left off on our next trip.

1 comment:
All the girls were a joy to be with on the slopes. It reminded me of you 3 learning without a care in the world, zooming past me and beating me to the bottom every time.
Post a Comment