Only a mom could be so very happy to redo her laundry room... It was driving me so nuts that I talked my sweet husband into helping me give it a makeover during our first kid free weekend in 2 1/2 years! We had some plans last weekend that we needed a sitter for & my parents offered to take the kids for the 3 day weekend. Tom & I hadn't been without kids overnight since the summer before I had Judah! We did squeeze in several dates, but during the day Saturday & after church on Sunday we tackled this project. We ripped out the cluttered open shelving & replaced it with a salvaged cabinet from the garage of a mansion about to be demoed. Toms company is developing some land with this huge abandoned house on the property & the developer gave him permission to salvage whatever. The cabinet now hides tons of junk, shoes, & backpacks. We also painted the room & added one of the shelves above the washer. Love the way it turned out! Love my husband for being the muscles for the project! Love my parents for allowing us a peaceful weekend!

Before. Excuse the really bad cell phone pictures...
After. More bad, slanty pics, but you get the idea :)
3 comments:
Hey, could you come and work some magic here?
I'm in love. :)
Post a Comment