Sunday, October 14, 2012

Calloways fall fest

Looks like fun?  I have to admit - it could have been but this was one of those mommy fail moments when my expectations set me up for a frustrating morning.  Last year we got precious fall pictures at Calloways - however, that was before Bub walked & I had my mom along to help.  When our sweet neighbors invited us again this year I spent the morning frantically getting the kids in fall clothing, curling hair, & getting myself cute.  I envisioned sweet mommy & kid pictures in the pumpkins with 3 smiling cuties.  Who was I kidding?!  Calloways had lots of fun stations set up, but I really didn't get to see the girls do any of them - the picture of Judah gluing something on a pumpkin was taken in the 2 seconds that he participated.  The entire rest of the outing was spent chasing him as he ran up & down all the aisles at full speed, grabbing every cart or wagon or wheeled anything that he could find, & climbing onto any low haybale or stack of pumpkins he could find to jump off.  He would not stay posed for even one second for a picture, much less stand with the girls or me for a group shot.  If I had just gone to have fun in our grubby play clothes, I would not have left about to pull my hair out.  When will I learn?  I have a toddler boy.  There will be no cute posed pictures in our near future, but I will get in great shape chasing this monkey.
 








1 comment:

rhonda said...

Come on now. Look at those cute pictures of him on the move. The lollipop one is really good too. I am sure there were more moments where he was trying to escape the girl's attempt to corral him though. Those pesky expectations get us every time!!!