Cute bub - just getting over hand foot & mouth virus. The first of mine to get that lovely bug - he picked it up at preschool along with half of his monkey class. He had a fever for a day, then broke out into hundreds of little blisters - he looked like he had been tied to an ant pile. Thankfully he was only grouchy the first day then acted like nothing was wrong - although he looked like he had the plague!
Meet the boss of our house. He is smack in the middle of what I feel like are the busiest months of parenting - 18 to 24 months. I know that there are ages that require more emotional or mental parenting, but this stage is so full of time outs, spankings, correction, hugs, tears, chasing, snuggling, driving you nuts parenting that I must admit I am worn out at the end of every day! On the flip side - this boy could not be funnier. I LOVE this age when they start talking in sentences & you get to see what's going on in their little brains. He cracks us up all the time & brings so much laughter to our house. All four of the bigger people in this family take turns keeping this little king happy or dishing out the correction - he has four people giving him orders so I think that's why he insists that he is the one actually in charge. He makes me crazy & I could just eat him up all at the same time.
likes - balls (of course - still a sports nut - he can identify what sport is being played in any picture or game on tv), trains, in LOVE with his "night night" blankies, his Revielle pillow pet, jumping off stuff, being outside, Bitsie, jabbering - he talks in2, 3, or 4 word sentences (favorites of ours - "oh my goodness!" "gig em Abbies" "where oh where is Judah" "you poopoo? I check"), preschool - just not being dropped off, his sweet friends & all of his sisters friends, hide n seek
dislikes - being told no, being stuck at home inside, not being able to do big kid things (like ride the girls razor scooters), mama ignoring him during cooking/homework time
eating - a typical toddler - can eat a ton of something one day & hate it the next, current favorites - orange juice, strawberries, bananas, crackers, yogurt, applesauce squeezers, scrambled eggs, loves junk food - he asks for donuts, pizza, or "donalds" any time we pass by (not that he gets them all the time but he can put away some junk food when given the opportunity)
sleeping - has turned into a great napper - usually from 12/12:30 to around 3, sleeps at night from 8pm to around 7am, likes to be rocked & then patted on his back while we sing to him - mamas favorite time of day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment