
Another first school day down! I love how each year has gotten so much easier. The first day of second grade was very smooth & without drama - just how we like it! Anna seemed really calm, and even Maelyn didn't cry during drop off (although she hugged Anna about 10 times). Anna had worried over the weekend about one little girl that she met on Friday at meet the teacher who she remembered as being a "stinker" from first grade recess. We talked & prayed about it several times over the weekend. After school the first day she was all smiles & said, "Mom! I didn't have one word of problem out of *****! In fact, she was as nice as a plum!" We are going to keep praying that all the little girls in her class continue to be as nice as plums - girl drama is a whip! During the school day I had attempted a family fun recipe for an iced brownie cake. It was not too pretty, but the girls were very excited to share it with our good neighbor friends, Abby & Emma. Anna's prayer that first night was very sweet... thanking God for such a great day & sweet teacher, & asking Him to help her continue to do her best. So special to see her give Him the glory for answered prayers. Next year's first day will be a little more emotional, sending BOTH girls off to school - oh my!
1 comment:
Wow Amber...I thought KK's teacher looked young...was that a picture of Anna's teacher or a student helper? I hate to sound really old...but these teachers just seem to get younger and younger! :)
Post a Comment