Thursday, August 5, 2010

Week at G & D's - part 2

The second half of the girls week at my parents was filled with cousin fun, crafts, swimming, & lots of time in the playhouse. My mom is great at thinking up activities that will keep the girls occupied for hours - like a well stocked doctor kit complete with my brother's old pediatric hospital gown, arm sling, ace bandages, slipper socks, & lots of bandaids. The girls fixed each other up for two hours, and Madison even delivered twin puppy dogs (I heard it was a successful c-section :). The playhouse has been a huge hit & they spent lots of time playing, rearranging, decorating with wall stickers, hanging pretend laundry on the clothesline, and snacking out there. Anna posted playhouse rules on the chalkboard: no wipe (I guess she meant don't wipe off her rules), no bad (stuff), no fighting, be nice, & have fun. Well put. Mom said they were blessed with cloud cover so the temperatures were not too terrible out there, although she's trying to talk my dad into a window a/c unit for next summer. Of course, there was more swimming too - in the backyard blowup pool & a city rec pool. Mae even learned to jump off the diving board & go down the big slide. The last picture shows what happens to little girls who get to stay up late & have fun all day at Grammy & Dingdaddy's house - they zonk out... I can't even remember when Mae has last fallen asleep in the middle of the day.

Tom & I had so much fun having date nights & working on the baby's nursery. We were so thankful that we could have such a low stress week with no little ones - it will be a LONG time before that happens again! Thanks again G & D!










1 comment:

rhonda said...

Yes, I am on a mission to get air conditioning in the cottage/clubhouse (according to who is naming it at the time) I get invited a lot to visit them out there and would love to visit in style.