Sunday, August 22, 2010

Second grade here we come...




How can summer be over already?! We've really enjoyed these past few months. The girls have loved playing with each other (90% of the time anyway!), but I can tell that the back to school itch has started for all of us. I didn't think I'd say this even a week ago, but it's time! I'm so going to miss my girls but they are ready for the school routine & the chance to be out of the house more. I know after a few weeks we'll be missing our pajama days!
Anna had meet the teacher on Friday night & we were all excited to meet Mrs. Y. She seems very sweet, young, & enthusiastic. Anna was really happy & seemed to let go of the "fear of the unknown" anxiety that I had seen build over the past couple of weeks.
Tonight we went as a family up to the building & sat in the shade outside of her classroom to pray for her year. All four of us covered Anna in prayer (five, if you count Anna's webkin that prayed as well!). Afterwards we picked up supplies for ice cream sundays. The girls got to pick any topping & they wanted candy corn - whatever floats your boat! We praise God for the summer He has given us & thank Him in advance for all that He will do in Anna's second grade year!

2 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

She looks young, but looks very sweet too! I know it will be the perfect teacher for Anna this year. Hope Tuesday goes great!

rhonda said...

No way. It can't already be time for us to say "We have a 2nd grader". She looks so very grown up.