Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Anna's Jumpstart party









When Anna gets an idea in her head, it's stuck. About 2 or 3 months before her birthday she started talking about having a Jumpstart party, based on the learning/interactive web game that her & her friends love. Anna actually went through a long phase of being pretty obsessed with the game, so we weren't surprised with her insistence with the party theme, even though I did my best to talk her out of it! She actually planned basically the whole party... it turned out really cute & was one of the easiest parties we've thrown. She picked out her outfit for the party - she wanted to dress like a Jumpee (the good guys), the games - decorating Jumpstart posters & a scavenger hunt, the craft - punk-punk pillows (the bad guys), & the cake - Lost Island. It was fun to see her imagination at work & I was so glad that we could work together to pull it off.
I was also very thankful that my mom & Nana were here to help with the last minute party details & cake decorating. Despite serious doubts, we managed to come up with a stacked cake covered in crushed graham crackers that passed for an island. Anna was impressed & that's what counts!

1 comment:

Monica said...

I am very impressed with your party!! Go Mom!!!