Thursday, July 22, 2010

It's a...

BOY! We were so surprised! As soon as the sono tech put the ultrasound wand on my belly yesterday, he was giving us an eye full. I guess this is not a modest boy. I asked how sure she was after seeing that shot, and she said that she's not allowed to say 100%, so she'll say 99.9%! Tom was so excited that he could hardly sit still for the rest of the ultrasound! Most of all, we were so thankful that he looked very healthy - moving a ton, measuring a week ahead in growth, and all systems developing properly. Such a blessing!

The girls are spending the week with my parents so that we can have a break & work on summer projects, so we had to tell them over speaker phone. They have been rooting for a girl the whole time, but mostly just reacted with silliness & put on a dramatic show (they were in a room full of family - their cousin Madison, my brother Mike & his fiance Krystal, and my parents). My mom did tell me this morning that when Anna prayed last night she asked God "could she please wake up and it all be a dream that it was a boy, and be a girl instead". I know that they are going to love having a brother, and as soon as he gets here they are going to be completely head of heels in love with him!

Below are pics of them helping us paint the nursery last weekend. They are so "helpful" with all of our projects (which is why I asked my mom to have them this week, I work faster without "helpers"). I somehow only got pictures on my phone of Anna's new glasses, so this is the first post with them on. She looks precious in them! We took her for a full eye exam after she couldn't read the 20/20 line at her 7 year old well check, and found that she sees about 20/40.
She's been great so far about wearing them - I'll have to get a closer picture up here soon.

I've got to get back to sewing for the nursery before my little helpers return!


Like Mae's painting outfit? A too-small suimsuit & winter ski socks. :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

So exciting! One thought that might help the girls is that now their youngest sibling probably won't try to play with their toys??? :)

Monica said...

OH MY GOODNESS a BOY!!!! This little one really likes suprizes!! You better watch out as he might want to really catch you off guard and show up early!!! What a fun fun blessing and all healthy. Amber I must confess I figured it would be a girl for some reason. I am selling my pink flower bouncy seat in the sale and was thinking I should call and see if you wanted it before I sold it. I think I will keep that big flower bouncy seat to myself. You need little man stuff!!! So excited for you!!

Kendra said...

BROTHER!!!!! yay!! So excited for you!! I hadn't heard this news and am SO PUMPED to read it!