Monday, June 7, 2010

Anna's awards & last day






The first grade awards day was a sweet time to celebrate our Anna. Each child got two awards, and Anna received the Golden Lasso for all A's & Boots Walk the Line for all E's in conduct. As a special surprise to her (we knew ahead of time), Mrs. W gave her the class Granger Wrangler award for this six weeks as well. We are so proud of the girl that God has created Anna to be, and love that her teacher can see special qualities in her. This is what the principal got to read that Mrs. W wrote about Anna:
"I have chosen Anna as our Granger Wrangler this six weeks because she has shown a caring attitude all school year long. She always has a positive attitude and wants to help others in any way she can. Anna has a compassionate heart which shows in the way she treats others. She has been a great friend and a wonderful student. I am so proud to be Anna's teacher."



On the last day, there were mixed emotions at our house. Anna was thrilled about summer, but tearful about not seeing Mrs. W & her friends each week. Mae & I surprised her with a long awaited Zumbuddy and a run through sign for the front door. Anna says she's most looking forward to swimming & sleeping all day (don't I wish). I know that I am so excited for some lazy days, not rushing every morning, & lots of pool & family time.






1 comment:

rhonda said...

Grandparents all puffed up with pride here in Aggieland.