Sunday, February 1, 2009

Watch Dog Dad

On Friday Tom got to spend the whole day at Anna's school being a "watch dog dad". Each day fathers volunteer to watch over the campus, help out the staff with odd jobs, and be a presence for the kids who might really need a guy around. Anna has looked forward to this day all year & she was so proud to have her dad on campus all day. Kylee's dad Charlie was a watch dog that day too, so the four of them got to eat lunch together - the highlight of her day. The girls & I are so thankful to have a daddy who would spend a very rare day off helping kids practice their sight words, pulling butcher paper off the walls, and helping make pvc pipe rockets. Can you tell from her smile that this made her day?

4 comments:

da momma said...

so sweet and such a proud girl, of her daddy!!

Kristen OQ said...

What a fun idea at school! And Anna's smile does say it all...so proud!

brianchante said...

I think that is the coolest idea. I see Mom's all the time up at my school but I think it would be really great to see a few Dad's.

Holly said...

That is the greatest idea! It is great for the kids and the Dads too!