*Mae got to have "super hero day" at preschool. They were talking about how Jesus is our super hero, so they were asked to dress up in any super hero gear that you might have around the house. Since we have such girly girl dress up clothes, this cape was the closest we could come. She was very excited to wear it!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
This week...
*Maelyn finished up her antibiotic for her sinus infection & double ear infection. Anna got the head cold at the beginning of the week too, and I said several times, "at least hers always goes away quickly. She never gets infections. I can't even remember her last sick visit - she never gets more than a sniffle." Famous last words. She was up all night one night with a painful ear, and when we went in the next day Dr D said she had a horrible double ear infection. Thank goodness for antibiotics!
*Mae got to have "super hero day" at preschool. They were talking about how Jesus is our super hero, so they were asked to dress up in any super hero gear that you might have around the house. Since we have such girly girl dress up clothes, this cape was the closest we could come. She was very excited to wear it!
* We got to spend the morning at the zoo. Anna was already dressed as a bunny (she never wears real clothes at home) & asked if she could wear it to the zoo. Since I feel like I have to tell her NO all the time, I try to say yes if I don't have a really good reason. So - she hopped around the zoo happy as a clam. I hope that she always stays completely oblivious to what other people think of her clothes - that could come in really handy as a teenager. Of course, Mae had to have her face painted with a pink nose & whiskers too, so they both looked a little goofy today.




* Last, we got to try out our new discipline strategy with Anna for the first time. She has had a chart at home for a while with a green, yellow, & red light similar to the system at school. Getting on red for talking disrespectfully (our biggest challenge) meant a 1/2 hour on her bed with no stuffed animals - her greatest love. That seemed to have lost it's power, so we borrowed a twist from friends. Today when she was being sassy & went onto red, she had to bag up ALL of her stuffed animals in trash bags - embarrassingly it took 3 - and store them away. She has to earn them back one by one each day that she stays on green. I thought it was so sweet what she prayed at bedtime... "Dear God, please help me to have a sweet heart & better attitude tomorrow & to be careful with my words & talk nicely so that I can earn back my bunny & deer. Please help them not to be scared by themselves. Amen."
*Mae got to have "super hero day" at preschool. They were talking about how Jesus is our super hero, so they were asked to dress up in any super hero gear that you might have around the house. Since we have such girly girl dress up clothes, this cape was the closest we could come. She was very excited to wear it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That last story is too much...I LOVE Anna's prayer. Well, don't leave us in suspense...were Bunny & Deer alright once they were released from trash bag jail? :)
What's so funny Jenny - after all her drama about how she thought she could never sleep again as long as her bunny wasn't with her, she got to spring one animal from jail tonight. And what did she pick? A purple monkey that she NEVER plays with. What a goof.
The purple monkey?????? Poor, poor bunny and deer. What must they be thinking??
We just got back from camping, and of course Dad's first words as I headed to check e-mail were, "Get any pictures??". I was happy to see the new blog format and the zoo pictures.
Post a Comment