ANOTHER UPDATE: Silly, I know, but I had to add that by the time Tom got home from work she had a glowing report of her first day... I guess she forgot all the drama at pick up time. I love selective memories.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Kindergarten!
It's official! We have a kindergartner! This morning was so smooth... I've had a hard time being sad today because Anna was just so excited that it was contagious (plus, I felt like an emotional train wreck all weekend after meet the teacher, so I think I got it out of my system). She woke up doing a little happy dance this morning and got dressed/ate breakfast in record time. I was a little worried about this deer (see pic below) - she earned it from my mom for a couple weeks worth of stickers on her behavior chart and hasn't put it down for one minute since - but she happily put him in the van to "hibernate" this morning and skipped off to school with us. She was excited to give her teacher the picture of dog from word world that she colored over the weekend (her teacher is a dog lover) & then was enjoying play-do at her table when we left. After going to the "tears & cheers" breakfast for Kinder parents in the library I made Tom go peek one last time to see if she was happy before leaving (a hard habit for mommies to break). Maelyn & I have passed the school twice today in the van & prayed aloud for her - that she is having a great day full of memories & already making friends. Lord may it be so! :)

My mom read about an idea to take first day pics by the family car each year since someday it would look like a cool antique. Gotta love the minivan.


Anna's teacher - Mrs. Smith - seems so sweet. Anna struggles with blend sounds, so she kind of pronounces her name like "Mrs. Sniff". Guess we need to work on that one.

UPDATE: 2:50 couldn't come fast enough today! When I first picked Anna up, we had some drama... her teacher had put the wrong child's lunch box in Anna's backpack, so she didn't want to take it home. Instead she just left her backpack in the classroom. We had to go back in for it and that little kink sent Anna into a pout for a while, along with the fact that she expected a field trip today - on the first day of kindergarten. Oh my. Once we cooled off from our walk home & got a snack, Anna had great things to say about her day. Her teacher has a reward system where they get "zebra bucks" for great behavior & she says she can't wait to earn 10 so she can get a ring from the prize box. She says she's going to give it to her Daddy (who has lost his wedding ring & Aggie ring over the course of two weeks recently - but that's another story :). She is excited about going back tomorrow & I guess that's what counts! Thanks again for all your prayers - keep them coming!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
So sweet!! I thought of you yesterday. Anna looks so excited!! Hope her school year will be great.
I passed Tyler and Colby's school yesterday also and prayed for them too. So sad when you can no longer protect the little ones and they are sent off to the world of school.
I'm so impressed with your already updated blog! What a cutie - and I love that she has her deer with her :). Can't wait to hear how the day went!
Love her first day dress...too cute! Glad it went so well.
Looks like the first morning was great! I know you are so excited to see her this afternoon and hear all the details of the day. She looked adorable!
Glad it went well!
So glad that her day went well. I thought of her all day. When I called and talked to her, she said it was a good day and she liked her teacher. No negatives at all. Well, expecting a field trip for such a big event is reasonable :).
Love you and our beautiful girls,
Aunt Veda
I am so glad Anna loved her first day! I thought about you alot today. I love Anna's face in her pictures....she looks so excited.
How can it be???? School already. She looked so cute and your report of the day (abbreviated for your blogging world) was hilarious. She is sooooo like you, Amber. The world needs to make sense and everyone needs to play by the rules. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. That deer was worth a chart full of stickers.
sweet little Anna . . .so glad she had a good day, and she looked SO CUTE all dolled up for Kindergarten! (Boys aren't quite that fancy, you know, so I get real excited when I see a cute girl all primped for the first day of school like I used to do!! he!)
I am glad that Anna had a great first day... her pictures are just adorable!
I'm glad Anna had a great first day- the pictures are so cute! I love her little outfit :)
Oh Amber, she looks beautiful! I am so glad she did so good on her first day. I am glad you survived too. Also, how great that you can walk to school. You can't beat that! I love keeping up with you guys!
The first day of school pictures are precious. I'm so glad that you got pictures of both you and Tom with her...they are so sweet. Anna looks so excited...I know she will do so well in school and be a wonderful little student!
Such a sweet post! I know she will do great with her incredible personality! I adore her!
Amber! I love Anna's first day pics! I think I told you, looking at them made me a little teary--this is not a good sign! ;)
Hope her first week of school was wonderful.
Enjoyed catching up on your blog! :)
So glad to hear that Anna had a great first day!
Post a Comment