Monday, June 2, 2008

Camping Weekend

What a weekend of memories! I know I have a ridiculous number of pictures on this post, but really I wanted to put even more! I just love pictures of my girls enjoying all that God created for us. We had a blast all weekend camping with my mom, grandparents, aunt, & great aunt. God blessed us with great camping weather, a very shady campsite, a refreshing lake, and wonderful company. I have lots of sweet times stored up in my head, so I'm going to write just a few to be able to look back on...

*watching the girls enjoy their grandparents - they always love time with Grammy, but it was also precious to watch them love on my Mamaw & Papaw... Mae got very attached to Papaw & would always ask for him when we left the camp site - "where my Papaw? There you are Papaw! I found you!" as she would run to hug him every time.

*seeing Daddy & Anna have a ball catching fire flies in a plastic bug catcher, then Anna letting them go "back to their families" as she said, even though she really wanted to keep them forever

*my great aunt Deloris teaching Anna how to make homemade biscuits

*Anna & my aunt Veda making brownies that she brought just for Anna because she knew how much my "little chef" loves to bake

*my little lake swimmers, Anna constantly trying to catch the little minnows in her bucket to take home as a pet & Mae building sand "cakes with cannels (candles)" on the beach

*watching the girls enjoy homemade ice cream, smores, & all that yummy camping food

*Maelyn having a conversation with no fear with the brave raccoon that boldly wondered around our campsite while we were all still awake one night... she got within about 5 feet of him before I pulled her back - she wanted to show him her glow stick & told my mom a dozen times the next day, "no sad, Grammy, squirrel (her name for the coon) will come back. No scared. It's ok."

*sleeping in a tent with two very worn out little campers - Mae slept on a nap mat instead of in a pack & play for the first time & did great... she did keep me awake the first night for an hour playing with her glow sticks, then turning on the flashlight Tom left too close to her bed and shining it at each of us

*the girls loving Aunt Veda's puppy - they fed the poor thing doggie treats until she was so stuffed she couldn't eat another bite.

*Anna steering the paddle boat - she really got the hang of it & steered us all over the lake

*Maelyn sleeping all the way home, from pulling onto the highway until we parked in the garage, the very first time she's slept an entire trip anywhere in her whole life!

Here are just a few of the cute pictures... email me if you want to know where we camped - I highly recommend it & it was only a 2 hour drive. :)
































6 comments:

Holly said...

Looking forward to hearing about that Homemade Icecream!

Alyssa said...

What a fun camping trip! My family used to go camping when we were little... and I look forward to going sometime soon with the girls :) You got some ADORABLE pictures!!!

rhonda said...

We could not have special ordered a more perfect weekend. The girls were an absolute joy to watch. God's creation seen through the eyes of your grandchildren just can't be beat. I have looked at the pictures over and over and over. What memories you are building!!!!!!! Grammy

da momma said...

i dont have your email but wanna know the campsite! Email me @ whitterrell@yahoo.com

Sarah said...

Amber, Thanks for sharing these. They are precious!!

Whitney said...

I'm glad yall had such a wonderful time camping! I love the pictures of the girls! What wonderful memories!