This year, I got my first ever 24 hour stomach bug on our anniversary. My mom was in town for Anna's birthday, so I still went out with Tom that night (when you have a sitter you have to take advantage). I was still so sick that I only ate a few strawberries from the Cheesecake Factory for dinner, and even passed on the popcorn at the movies. Anyone who knows me realizes that I must have been on my last leg to pass that up. ;)
Anyhow - I just couldn't resist posting a few pics from our wedding album to celebrate a little late. God was so incredibly good to me... after learning a few lessons in high school I didn't date much in college - I actually kind of had a plan in my head that I wouldn't go out on a second date unless the Lord made it clear to me that he was "the one". Tom & I had mutual friends in the Aggies for Christ & did go out once when I was a sophomore (& I didn't hear a big "YES" from the Lord then - His timing is always perfect though!). A couple of years later he called me just to catch up. By the time I hung up I knew that God was telling me loud & clear that Tom would be my husband! Just 7 weekends later (we were dating long distance bc he had already graduated), we got engaged on my birthday in September and married that following June a couple of weeks after a graduated from A&M.
I praise God every day that I heard His message. Tom is truly a God-send & the perfect husband for me. He is supportive in every way & is the best Daddy to our girls. It was so fun for Anna & I to sit and look through our wedding album this afternoon. Anna loves seeing me in my "marry dress", and I almost laugh out loud at how giddy I look! I was determined to put my type A personality on the shelf for the day and just enjoy it - and despite a hurricane warning for our outdoor wedding - I did enjoy every minute! It could have rained cats & dogs and I wouldn't have cared - I was leaving there married to the most wonderful man & that's all that mattered!
6 comments:
What a beautiful day it was!! Dad and I are incredibly thankful that Tom made that call and that you were listening with your heart. I remember well the conversation we had where you told me that you were sure that God had shown you who you were to spend your life with. The fairy tale wedding that followed was perfect in every way, even with the rain that fell before and after (but not during) the ceremony. Thanks Tom for being the husband and father that Amber was waiting for.
mom
Happy Anniversary, Amber and Tom! I love learning everyone's stories of how God brought them together. :) Sorry you were sick on your anniversary, though!
Congratulations! It looks like it was a beautiful wedding, and I love that little chapel.
Happy Belated Anniversary! Love the wedding pictures- so beautiful! Sorry to hear you were sick- that's no fun at all, but glad you are feeling better now!
Amber, I always love seeing your pictures and reading your updates. God uses your blog to encourage me! Your wedding photos are beautiful! I hadn't seen them before. I was trying to remember why I wasn't there; I think I was at camp. I can't believe it has been 8 years. I'm sorry you were sick, buy I'm glad you and Tom celebrated! Happy Anniversary. :) Love, Erin Shiver
I love these wedding pictures! What a beautiful place! I remember hearing from Julia that her cousin Tom was engaged. That seems like a lifetime ago. Congrats on 8 years!!!
Post a Comment