Anna wanted to bring two princess accessories to the tea - her pretend cell phone & her "dinglehopper" - a real fork - it's what Ariel uses to comb her hair :)
This weekend was full of fun, but oh so busy. First, wasn't that weather awesome? We had so much fun playing outside with the neighbors all weekend. I love spring weather... it gives me energy & the kids are happiest outside. We also got to visit our dear sweet neighbors from our old house, a precious couple in their late 80's who were adoptive great grandparents to the girls. We brought them valentines treats & enjoyed a good visit - I was glad to see them doing well & thankful that the girls were sweet & respectful (and didn't break anything in their non kid proof living room:)).
On Sunday we got to go to a second birthday party for one of Mae's most favorite friends. Mae loved being a monkey - it is so fun to see her run right into a new place & have a great time. She really embraces new things & I love watching her - her giggles make my day. Katie was a precious birthday girl.
We also got to go to the little girls tea at church... what a wonderful job the children's ministry did! I expected punch & cookies, but they went all out! The girls made a craft & got to visit a candy bar, have treats, and sweetest of all - hear a "ms. manners" talk. This lady had every little girls undivided attention with her cute teddy bear - I loved seeing all our little princesses soaking it all in. It was a treasured time with Anna. She talked about dressing up all week & picked out my accessories too (the tiara was a compromise, she really wanted me to wear a melon orange bridesmaids dress - so glad I got out of that one). I never know when she will really enjoy an activity & when she will be anxious about taking pictures or things not going as she anticipates, but she was an angel. We both made a great memory.
Last - just a couple of things I always want to remember... Anna has nicknamed Mae "Baby Scoot". I have no idea what it means, but it is a great private joke between the two of them that makes them giggle. It's goofy but sweet & I don't know how long it will last so I wanted to write it down. Also, we are really working hard with Anna on her tone of voice & attitude so we've started a new "privilages" chart. She gets a black magnet over a privilege for ugly words (not using manners, being demanding, etc) & star magnets for self control & respectfulness that she's saving up for a reward. I want to remember her sweet prayer at dinner this weekend... "Dear Heavenly Father... thank you for this wonderful day. Please help Mae & me not get sick because I don't like to sniff. Help me not get any more black dots but lots more stars for good choices. Help me realize that Jesus is always with me to help me. In Jesus name, amen." Sometimes I think we aren't getting through & then she throws out some words like "realize Jesus is always with me" and I just want to praise the Lord!
5 comments:
You guys did have a busy weekend- but what fun! I loved the stories, especially the one about Anna's prayer- so sweet! Isn't it neat how much we can learn from THEM? Thanks for sharing the pictures too- the one of you and Anna needs to be framed!
Amber, weird question but is this the girl from AFC that I also see working the JBF sales in Arlington? Thsi is whitney coker, now terrell. click on my blog and see if you know me :)
Hi Amber-
I'm glad you found my blog and now I have yours. What a sweet family you have!
I noticed that Charley and Lana's daughter is in some of your pics. We were friends with the Moores when we first got married and lived in Irving. We haven't talked in years but still exchange Christmas cards. Tell them we said "Hello!" What a small world!
:)
Take care!
denise
Love that our sweet little girls are growing up together:) That is an awesome picture of you and Anna:)
Amber, I love that you found my blog. I "stalked" yours yesterday when I got Jenny W.'s email and found you on Jeni Wims blog. I have loved reading through all of your past blogs over the past few days. God has been so good! I should email you and meet you guys someday since we live so close now.
Post a Comment