However, our sweet little girl has said some pretty grown up things lately! I think she's four going on fourteen. Here are two conversations we had yesterday...
A: "Mommy, what shape is your body?"
Me: "I guess I'm petite - that means short and kind of small for a mommy"... then I launch into a long winded explaination of how God made us all different but beautiful, and it doesn't matter what shape our body is on the outside because it's what in our hearts that counts, and on and on.
Me: "Do you understand what Mommy means?"
A: "Not really."
Me: "Well, what did you hear Mommy say?"
A: "I think you just said BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH."
She said this with a straight face and just kept on watching her DVD in the van. I didn't know whether to laugh out loud or cry that my sweet baby had just totally acted like a teenager! I guess we'll have to have that conversation again some day!
Earlier in the day she said, "Mommy, I hope that when we get to church that Payton will play the marry game with me." I asked if she meant Mary & Joseph bc Payton played the role of Joseph in the nativity scene at a Christmas party. She said, "No, marry like you married Daddy... where Payton picks a girl to marry." I asked who she hoped he would pick and she said, "Me!". Why? "Because Payton is a good guy, not a bad guy. He always helps me find my way in the playscape when I'm lost." We never talk about boyfriends, etc (plenty of time for that later), so I just said that I would pray every day for God to pick out a wonderful "good guy" for her to marry someday.
I know that time flies, but I hope that we don't have lots more conversations like these in the near future! As much as my precious toddler & preschooler drive me up the wall some days, I want them to stay little for a lot longer!
5 comments:
What a precious picture of our "growing up too fast Anna Kate". Her daddy is pretty cute too. For anyone who knows Anna, they can surely hear her little voice when she said, "Not realllllly" drawing out that "really" in that sweet Anna Kate way. You guys are in for quite a ride with that granddaughter of mine. Love, mom
First of all, I love Anna's pink boots- too cute with the outfit! And the conversation about "blah, blah, blah"- hilarious! Everyone says they grow up fast, but wow!
Blah blah blah blah WHAT??? That is funny. I think I would have been in shock also. Sounds like you have a little sponge on your hands. What cute girls you have.
Amber-
I cannot beleive my comment that I typed a week ago never showed up...I loved these stories...That Anna is a doll! After you and I talked I told Payton - I sure love hearing from other people that you are a good guy...He grinned ear to ear! YOu made both of our days!
sure love you!
Becky
Because you’re one of my blogging friends, I wanted to let you know about my new business. I would love for you to go visit my business blog, www.froggiebloggiedesigns.blogspot.com. If you’re interested in having a blog makeover, I would love to help you out!! And even if you’re not, I would love for you to take a look!! More than anything, I need help spreading the word. If you know that one of your blogging friends is looking to make over their blog, please let them know about me!!
Thanks for being my blog friend!
Love,
Amanda (Better known to you from “Manda’s Moments.”) :o)
Post a Comment