Thursday, January 10, 2008

This & That



Just a few random things... I told myself that I would use this blog to write down the sweet & funny things that the girls say for our own online scrapbook someday, but I often forget! Here are a few things from the mouths' of babes around here...


*Anna loves playing w/ Daddy on the new trampoline. He's trying to teach her somersaults, which she calls "pepper-salts".


*For the first time this week Mae snuggled close and said, "Mama, I wuv you" all on her own. She's repeated it back lots of times, but this was the first time she just came out with it. She's said it to Daddy & Anna lots of times since as well. She's the most affectionate & cuddly girl.


*Anna is very into treasures, hiding her favorite things from her sister, etc... she always says she's putting something away for "keep-safing" (not safe-keeping).


*Sorry to all you tu fans out there, but we are already brainwashing our girls in Aggie traditions. On the way to San Antonio for Christmas we passed through Austin and explained that tu was located there. Anna replied, "this is where hook'em horns lives? Then I really don't like this country. It's be-sgusting." In Anna's world, be-sgusting (disgusting) is about as bad as it gets! I guess we'll have to work more with our little Aggie on cities, states, & countries.




On another note, we got a zoo pass from my parents for Christmas. We got to go this past weekend as a family & had a great time. The pass is an awesome deal by the way (we would have spent about $40 for tickets, parking, & a train ride... but w/ the pass it was $15).


I don't know why we go visit the monkeys, we have one in our family! Mae perfected this trick (jumping from the seat to swing from the bar like a gymnast) while Daddy took Anna into the reptile house. That part of the zoo I can do without!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

The story about Austin was quite funny- no offense taken though, we'll be brainwashing our little ones too!

Although it took me quite a while to figure out what a "TU" fan was... are aggies the only ones that have a problem calling Texas by it's correct name of "UT"- that's why it's called The University of Texas (see how the U comes before the T)???

Just giving you a hard time :)

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute! I love all the little ways kiddos hear & say things!
And nothing is cuter than hearing those tiny "WHOOP"s from future aggies! :)
I'm glad you got a zoo pass--I totally forget that the zoo is open year round, but with TX winters like they are I need to get more use out of our pass!
Keep up the great posts, I'm getting addicted now! :)

Emiley said...

I'm finally catching up on my blog reading! :) I will have to tell Brandon about Anna'a comment...too funny! Zoo pass...great idea!!