Look who's in "unnerwear"! This big boy is officially potty trained. I admit I was reluctant to start this adventure. Once you've potty trained a couple of times you realize just how fun it is to visit every public restroom, have power struggles with a toddler about going before you leave the house, washing the car seat cover, etc... but I have to say his excitement over this milestone & cute little underweared rear end made it worth it! He has been going on the potty pretty regularly since around his second birthday in December. He would often just take off his diaper & go put himself on the potty to go. If he was undressed after a bath he would sometimes run to the potty. After he would often ask, "I go get big boy unnerwear now?" He's convinced that he is at least as old as Maelyn, so he saw no reason to still be in baby diapers. I was hoping to hold him off until after preschool ended, but at the beginning of May he was questioning me several times a day about shopping for underwear & I didn't want to miss my window of interest. He told me on the way to Target that he was going to pick out pink underwear (because he loves his sisters & everything they have is awesome), but thankfully he was swayed by superheroes & diego. When we got home he deliberated forever on which pair to wear, chose one & then immediately wet them on purpose so he could move on to the next pair. I did some explaining - that's not how this works! After that he really did great. We had very few accidents that first weekend. On Monday he had to go on an antibiotic for an ear infection. Unfortunately that lead to our only 2 poopy accidents of this whole potty training month - and they were yuck! I had to change one & this sweet preschool teachers had to deal with the other (we were at his school performance) - I felt so bad that they had to deal with that one! Other than that I have to say he's been easy. He can go several days without an accident - and when he does have one it's been in situations where he doesn't want to stop playing to go sit on the potty. He often tells us when he needs to go, but I am still taking him every hour or so whether he wants to or not. So proud of this big boy!

Earning a matchbox car with stickers on his potty chart...
Earning a matchbox car with stickers on his potty chart...

No comments:
Post a Comment