Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Drumroll...








His happy dance when he would make it across the room...

He finally did it! At 14 months & 26 pounds, I've been keeping in great shape picking up this sweet chunky monkey all day long. About 3 weeks ago (13 1/2 months) he started taking a few steps between Tom & I, but really prefered his much faster means of travel - crawling. We couldn't seem to convince him that walking would be easier - he prefered to rip holes in his pants & scuff up all his shoes as he crawled at lighting speed down the sidewalk & every other gross surface. This past Saturday (2/18/12 - 14 mos 3 days) we were up in the playroom & I moved the coffee table & playtable across from each other. I put one of his favorite things - princess music boxes (sorry Judah, you love some of your sisters girly toys), on one table & pushed them further apart with each trip back & forth. Soon he was walking across the room with his little arms in the air for balance. Nana was visiting, so she & Tom got to come up & cheer for him - he was SO proud of himself! I am so glad that soon my back will get a break, but a tiny bit sad that it's one more step away from babyhood.



5 comments:

Kelly said...

Yay Judah!!!

rhonda said...

Loved watching him do this on Facetime. Those little arms up in the air while toddling along was just precious.

Jenny Wims Sullivan said...

Look at that sweet boy go! How exciting!

Jenny Wims Sullivan said...

Look at that sweet boy go! How exciting!

Jenny Wims Sullivan said...

Look at that sweet boy go! How exciting!