Monday, August 15, 2011

Proud Momma

My girls both have such precious hearts. Recently Anna decided that she wanted to honor her Daddy with a special surprise. She spent the afternoon cleaning - she even mopped the kitchen & vacuumed our room! She enlisted Maelyn's help & assigned jobs to all of us - we made brownies, she wrote place cards, Mae folded napkins, and she picked out a tablecloth & candles for the table. Daddy had to work late, but I let the girls stay up past bedtime so they could be awake when he got home to see his surprise. I love her servant attitude!

A day later I needed a power nap - our dog had kept us awake all night (anyone want to borrow our crazy Bitsie & be her dog whisperer?). While I was asleep she & Mae made a special lunch for me - she made my sandwich, decorated the table, served a leftover brownie with a scoop of ice cream, and served crystal light in a wine glass. I asked her about the glass (she's never seen them before - not what I've ever used at lunch time - promise!) - she said that they were fancy glasses that people used to drink wine out of in the "olden days" :).

While I was away at a women's retreat this weekend Anna made sure that Mae got her fancy dinner as well. She told me this morning, "Mom... do you want to know something a little awkward? We've done special meals for everyone except me. That's a little awkward don't you think?" Point taken - guess that needs to happen soon!




The girls finished their super summer challenge last week - woohoo! They've earned water guns, a "kid day" when they were in charge of picking all our activities, a friend spending the night, and now - Hawaiian Falls. They earned tokens for reading, book reports, school practice, cleaning, kindness, challenges like swimming across the pool underwater, & volunteer work (they organized a food drive on our street for the CEC, wrote to our sponsored children, etc). Sad to see summer over, but proud of all the fun we had & things they accomplished.




2 comments:

rhonda said...

You have no idea how happy this makes their Grammy. What a way for you to see how they are learning from your example of service.

Veda said...

I love the way Anna expresses herself. "something a little awkward?" In other words, don't you think you should do something about this. Such sweet loving girls.