Friday, August 19, 2011

Judah at 8 months

I don't like typing 8 months - it seems too old! I can't believe we are two thirds through this sweet boy's first year. Summer has come to an end and we are about to enter into a new phase of life with Judah - as an only child for much of the day! He is so going to miss his other two mommies & entertainers... you can see in the pictures below that they keep him busy all day - pushing him in the wagon, pulling him around in a laundry basket, & dressing him up. I am going to seem pretty boring in comparison! This month was full of little milestones - he learned to eat baby food well & started on lots of soft table foods which he loves (avacado, banana, pieces of grilled cheese sandwich, scrambled egg yokes, veggie muffins, beans, blueberries, & of course, cheerios). He gets up on his hands & knees or hands & feet all the time & sometimes crawls forward a bit, but usually when he wants something he army crawls or rolls. He also learned to sit up on his own from laying down (need to lower the crib matress). He also got his very first head cold this past week, but thankfully no ear infection so far & he continued to eat & sleep well through it so I can't complain. It's been such a fun summer enjoying this little guy, and I can't wait to see what our days of just the two of us will hold.

eating: nursing - morning, after naps, before bed, trying to drop the "dream feed" at 10pm; enjoying baby food & table food now - 2 to 3 meals per day.

sleeping: 2 naps - one short & one long most days, 12 hours at night w/ a dream feed at 10 & usually nursing at around 6 am, sometimes as late as 7.

likes: water - bath is still his favorite - trying to drink the water in the pool or tub, peek a boo, sceaming/squeeling back & forth with us, lift the flap books, his glow worm that Mae gave him, staring his sisters - they have to leave the room for him to nurse, being outside in the stroller, wagon, or saucer, playing on the floor in the playroom

dislikes: having his nose or face wiped, being ignored in the evenings while I cook



Mae made him this crown because she said he's the king of the family -she's right :)









2 comments:

rhonda said...

A wonderful snapshot of his life as a little brother to older sisters. He just looks so "go with the flow" now. Love this little man.

Veda said...

God has certainly blessed this family with such beautiful loving children. They fill my heart and I love the blogs. Amber I can't tell you how very proud you make your family. Your are a beautiful woman, loving daughter and niece; and great mother.