Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mae's first riding lesson

A week of firsts at our house! Mae & Anna are both going to take riding lessons this fall, and this Monday was Mae's turn. A much, much anticipated event! She helped groom the horse, did some riding in the arena, then went on a trail ride. She was all smiles the whole time... I asked her afterwards what her favorite parts were. She said, "going over a bridge (a small wooden one in the arena), the trail ride, and when I almost fell off and Clumsy saved me!" I asked her who Clumsy was & she told me that was her horse. His name was actually Quincy. :) Apparently when I was at the van checking on Anna & Judah, Quincy shook himself & Mae slid right off her bareback saddle. She hung on to Quincy's mane, and the instructor ran around & put Mae back up. She just giggled about it at the time, not scared at all, very true to her personality! Next week is Anna's turn, but Mae has asked each day since if it's her lesson day. What a cute little cowgirl.






1 comment:

rhonda said...

Oh, those sweet little red cheeks.