Thursday, April 14, 2011

Camping with Daddy

Last weekend Tom decided that he should have a little Daddy time with his girls. These past few months have been all about adjusting to life with a baby, so he felt like they needed some special time with him. To be honest, I tried to talk him out of it because camping is a lot of work with only one adult, but I'm glad he insisted. The girls had a blast & were so thankful for the trip. The only snag was getting the tent set up by himself - we have a huge 8 man tent which was no picnic to set up alone, especially when several poles snapped. Anna said, "Daddy was using his whiney voice when he set up the tent, especially when Maelyn kept asking lots of questions." Maelyn was busy bugging Tom to help her with every item she could find while he wrestled with the tent for an hour. I would have been "whining" too! There was also a burn ban & Tom didn't realize that the charcoal I bought wasn't presoaked, so he said their hotdogs were essentially cooked over burning pages of the phone book he had brought for starter. Yum! So thankful that the girls have such a sweet Daddy willing to give up his weekend to drive in Friday traffic, set up camp alone, take them swimming, hiking, & on a spider hunt (not sad that I missed out on that one). Best Daddy ever.




No comments: