
What a cutie! I could kiss those chubby cheeks all day... and I do! We had his 2 month check up today & he is no light weight. He was 13 lbs 4 oz & 24 1/2 inches long (both 90
th percentile). I think I won't need to add lifting weights to my post baby work outs because toting his car seat around will build some muscle! We are so thankful to see these smiles now... after the first 6 or 7 weeks we finally got to see his happy side. Thankfully, his colic seemed to respond well to an elimination nursing diet - taking out dairy & other allergens (peanuts, tomatoes, citrus, etc). He is still not a laid back little guy, but much more content & the screaming was dramatically reduced. Praise God!

"Are we done with these pictures yet Mom?"

The Aggie
paci on his shoulder is his favorite... it's the same one that I wrapped up & gave to surprise Tom when I told him that we were expecting.


Visiting Daddy's office for the first time.

Tom's getting him started early - he's so glad to now have a future helper for changing the oil & mowing the grass!

I had to document some of our colic moments - the washing machine & vacuum cleaner really did work!


*eating: every 2 to 3 hours during the day. He likes to nurse at home but not in public, he doesn't like to be covered up. Still taking reflux
meds.
*sleeping: he likes to keep us guessing. An average night is going down around 10 or 10:30, and nursing around 2 & 5am. Most of the time he goes back to sleep after night feedings but sometimes wants to hang out w/ us wide awake or wake up repeatedly & have to be held several times before conking out again. This week he had a great night - going from a 9:30pm feed to 4am. This was followed by a horrible night when he wouldn't go to sleep until midnight, and still woke at 2am, then was up for the day 5am. We just never know!
*likes: our nap routine - swaddle in the froggie blanket, lights out, sound machine on, paci, singing & patting - it almost always works like a charm these days. Also - laying on our bed & "talking" to us, watching his sisters, starting to suck his fist (thumb sucker some day?), and his favorite - the lights & ceiling fans
*dislikes: the car seat (although he will fall asleep there after crying a while), most pacis, being by himself, tummy time
1 comment:
So glad I got to hang out with the new and improved happy baby this week. That swaddled up baby sleeping peacefully in my arms just does something to the soul that can't be matched.
Post a Comment