Sunday, February 14, 2010

Let it Snow!

Mom, it's snowing! I loved seeing the girls faces light up on Thursday morning when they saw the yard. I had been up since 6, amazed at how fast the snow was coming down, and waiting for the phone to ring to cancel school. Soon I realized that both girls would be going, so we got Anna off to school & Mae ready for her preschool Valentine's party. It took me almost an hour to make it to preschool, and I wasn't home for very long when I had to go back to get them for an early release. As soon as everyone was home, they couldn't get dressed fast enough to get out the door! At that time, we measured 6 inches. Kylee, Katie, & Lana stayed after pick up for a snowy playdate, so the girls had a great time having a snowball fight, making snow ice cream, and just rolling around until they all turned into popsicles.


Bitsie was our biggest challenge on our snow days. She LOVED the snow. She rang the bell at our back door to be let out every five minutes. She'd attack the snow, eat it, tunnel under it, roll in it, and get totally covered. For some reason, the snow just froze to her fur in snow balls... she had to get soaked in a sink of warm water until it all melted every time she came in - that got old quickly (after about 6 baths), so we started taking her out on her leash.


Snow angels

6 inches on top of the sandbox by 2:30, and still coming down hard


Anna didn't mess around with little snow balls, she wanted to avalanche you!

Poor frozen Bitsie

When I asked Mae what the girls were doing on their bellies while I cleaned the snow out of the trampoline, she said, "sucking snow".


Yummy snow ice cream - it was actually pretty good!


When Tom came home early, the girls were out for another round of snow ball fights, snow man building, and a try on the sledding hill by the school. The snow kept up ALL day, & was still come down hard when we went to bed at 10:30. By morning, the news reported 12.5 inches in our area! We created some unforgettable memories and LOTS of loads of laundry!

No comments: