Monday, December 21, 2009

More December Happenings

I just love these two Christmas cuties! This is the picture that I put in their handprint frame this year. One funny story - Tom broke the present rules this year & got me an iphone last night. We were only supposed to get one another stocking stuffers, so he hid it in my stocking (still cheating, but I'm not complaining!). Later while I played with my new toy, Mae went upstairs to get her own phone - a flat rock that she picked up while camping that she's carried around talking on for weeks (she likes to say, "excuse me mommy, could you keep in down? I'm trying to make some calls.") She brought it to me & asked really sweetly if I would be interested in trading my phone for hers. Um.... NO! I also laughed that Anna was giving me lessons on phone use. Before I had a chance to figure out anything she was showing me how the change the wallpaper, take a picture, play games, etc. Good grief!

Below are two of our favorite December traditions - one old & one new. We've done our advent tree for the past several years & it's sweet to see how much more the girls can answer each year, although Mae still shouts out "Jesus!" for almost every question. :) Below that is "Shelfie the Elfie" (the girls named him) - our shelf elf that my mom got for the girls this year. We've been a little forgetful in hiding him each night (Bitsie has made our life a little nuts), the girls still are excited to look for him every day.



Anna has about had it with all the picture taking this month, but I still like this girly picture of us all ready for church... the girls are in their cute sweaters from Nana that still fit this year.

Anna had a great "winter" party this past week. It was the calmest class party I've ever been to! Her teacher, Mrs. W, is precious & must be doing lots of things right to have such a great class!



This is a silly video clip to show what poor Bitsie's life is like at our house. She seems to handle all this attention well - it won't be long before she'll be in that wagon dressed up to add to her torture. She has been a really sweet puppy so far - just lots of work!

No comments: