Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Introducing...

Bitsie! Anna's dreams have finally come true... Santa delivered this little 2 pound shih tzu/poodle ball of fur the day after Thankgiving. He wrote the girls a letter that arrived at my parents house on Friday. It said that he received Anna's letter asking for a puppy (she's written him many times for the last two years!), and thought that the girls were ready for the responsibility. Since it was getting too cold at the North Pole and Bitsie was anxious to meet her new family, the elves were going to drop her off early. Their little faces when Anna read the letter were priceless. Anna kept asking, "do you think that Santa is kidding?" Once they heard the yipping from the crate on my parents front porch they knew he wasn't! Anna asked several times if she was daydreaming or if she really had a puppy. Over & over that day she told me that it was the best day of her life!
The girls read in Santa's letter that the elves who had raised her from birth had named her "Bitsie", but they could change it if they wanted to. They loved the name & thought that it suited her, so Bitsie it is. Anna often calls her Bitsie Boo, and Mae calls her Bits. So far, she has been a precious little lap dog. She wants to be snuggled all the time, & will fall asleep in the girls laps easily. She hasn't really been put down since we got her except for her crate/kennel time - which she is not fond of. I feel like I have another baby in the house since we are in constant potty training mode. I rush around like a mad woman when she is napping. The girls faces have made all of it worth it so far!



In addition to the puppy, we had a great Thanksgiving at my parents house. I wish I had more pictures of family, but my Nikon is still acting up after being fixed & needs to go back for more adjusting. I did get this sweet one of Anna & cousin Madison with Revielle. We took the girls to the A&M march in before the A&M/Texas game. This, of course, was the highlight for Anna who has loved Rev since she was one year old & my dad got her a stuffed one that plays the fight song. So much to be thankful for this year!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

What a sweet story and a precious memory for your girls! Congrats on your new addition :) And what a great picture with Reveille!

Kendra said...

This is the CUTEST little puppy I've ever seen!! And would it be weird to say I think this little doggie belongs in your family because it has the same cute little face and eyes that your girls have? In a precious, cute, snuggly little girl way? Anway, love your puppy!

Alyssa said...

This post makes me so happy! No one that I have ever met deserves that sweet little puppy more than Anna! We can't wait to meet her in person. Lauren wants her to come to Macy's next birthday party :)

Kelly said...

Oh my, that puppy is adorable! How fun for your entire family, but especially Anna. :)