Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bits & Pieces on Anna

I have such a long to do list today, but I had to write a few things before I forgot them. First, the above is a picture of some writing that Anna's teacher sent home from school. She emailed that she had something that I would get a laugh out of in Anna's folder. It's a few sentences (sorry for the bad copy, it wouldn't scan) about her latest obsession - Jumpstart world. If you've never let your child get on jumpstartworld.com, don't. My mom got her a few cd's & they are great learning games, but the online games repeated block areas & encourage the kids to "go ask your mom & dad if you can become a jumpstart member to access this part of the game". We said no to the $8 a month fee, so now we have to stick to it. She has devised so many ways to earn the money for this venture including selling lemonade for $8 a glass, having a garage sale to make money from old toys, & selling our van. We've said no to all, and a few times I've told her that she is going to make me lose my mind if she keeps talking about it.

The paper above reads: "I wish I could mack my momy loos her mid and bcume a jup strt mimbre so I could go and stop the pese pupux from tace ofre lost ilid. I luve it."

Translation: I wish I could make my mom loose her mind and become a jumpstart member so I could go and stop the pesky punk-punks from taking over lost island. I love it.

Our baby birds have hatched... Anna changes their names often. The latest have been Anastacia & Driscilla (no idea how to spell the stepsisters names).

Anna participated in a dance team fund raiser at our high school. She & Kylee spent the day learning a 20 second dance from the high school girls that they performed for the parents. Anna was set on doing it, even though she's never taken dance & usually really gets upset about having to perform in front of people. We were so proud that even with some nerves on the morning of, she danced with a happy heart & smile. You can see her on the bottom row in the middle.
Last, I have to record an answered prayer for our sweet girl. She recently came home so upset that a little girl in her class was calling her a name. She said that she had "flutterflies" about it all day & wanted me to call her teacher & explain the situation (there had been some tattling). We talked for a long time about how instead of going to the teacher, we just needed to pray that God would change this little girls heart & how He would want Anna to react to her & reach out to her. We prayed about it together & Anna prayed alone as well. It was one of those great teachable moments that I prayed so hard for God to use to strengthen Anna's faith. Yesterday she came home jumping for joy (literally) that this little girl had suddenly become so sweet. She had even given Anna some compliments that day. Anna said that her "flutterflies" were all gone & she gave the credit God for changing this little girl's heart & helping her to make good choices during it all. I was so thankful to Him for answering her prayer so quickly & obviously.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

oh how I love to read your stories. I'm still cracking up at Anna's writing...I hope you don't lose your mind!!!LOL!!

Alyssa said...

I love this post!!! Anna is just a wonderful little girl.. I always love reading the things that you document about her. I love that you guys got to raise some little baby birds too. It is such a wonderful experience.