Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mae's First Day

Maelyn was dressed & standing by the garage door with her backpack on 20 minutes before it was time to go today... this was a girl READY for school! She was so excited to go & had a great day. She was completely zonked out on her nap mat when I went to pick her up & even fell asleep again in her carseat on the way home - they must have played really hard because that's unheard of for Maelyn! I got to volunteer at Anna's school & sit at lunch with her, had a quiet lunch by myself when I got home, then got lots of housework done. I LOVE PRESCHOOL! I miss Mae of course, but I've never had consistent time to myself since the girls were born & I'm so excited!





She almost looks nervous in this picture, but it was actually one of the few times she was still. Most of the time she was dancing around so excitedly waiting for them to unlock the doors!


5 comments:

Alyssa said...

I am so glad that Mae had a great first day! I am so thankful that Camryn and Maelin get to be little ladybugs together :)

Kelly said...

Those pigtails are TOO cute! Glad she was so excited and had such a great day.

Monica said...

Oh what cute cute pictures. That little Mae has the sweetest face!!

rhonda said...

I am so glad that I got to see Mae's preschool. I can't believe that I didn't have my camera with me to take a shot of our sweet Maelyn sound asleep on her "nap mat", looking like a little angel with her little blond piggies and sweet, sweet sleeping face. Like I told you growing up....I just had to take a picture with my memory. Thanks for sharing it with me. mom

Whitney said...

What a big girl! I'm glad she was so excited for her big day! And I'm glad Mommy will have some time to herself!