Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Anna's first lesson

This week Anna got to begin what we think will be the highlight of each week for her... riding lessons. We've held off on any kind of classes or lessons for her so far - we just didn't see a real desire or interest for anything just yet (besides swimming lessons & soccer - those were more our idea than hers). That all changed when God dropped this opportunity in our laps & we are thanking Him! Anna LOVES animals & horses are at the top of her list. When Anna found out that she was going to get to ride every week her response was, "Every Monday?! I get to ride every week on Monday?! Do you think they will be open on Christmas?!" She is pumped.

The class is called "Christian Horsemanship" and begins with a Bible study & horse lesson in the barn each week - precious. Then they work on grooming & saddling the horse before they ride. Anna isn't intimidated at all & seems really comfortable on the horse. I think that this will be a great hobby for her, something she looks forward to all week, and a great behavior motivator around our house! We are all so excited.


Bible study time with Ms. Kristen - they talked this week about the different colors of horses & how God made each one unique & special just like He created each of us.
At first she was led by one of the older kids in the class, then she had some time without a lead... she says next week she's picking a faster horse because JR liked the stand still too much. :)


7 comments:

Emiley said...

How precious! She looks like she is having a blast!

Alyssa said...

Yea for Anna! I know that she will love it!

rhonda said...

Dad is really pumped about this. He sees a country girl trying to come out and loves it. When he took her to the "radio" (rodeo)and stayed and long as she wanted to and as they are leaving she sweetly said, "And I think I need to ride the ponies one more time Dingdaddy" he was thrilled to stand in line again (2 more times actually) to let his city girl granddaughter ride those ponies.

mom

angela said...

I've never heard of this before! How fun! Maybe we will try this out sometime. Alex has asked a few times about riding horses and Ava LOVES animals. I know she's young, but this might be just up her ally one day:)

Whitney said...

What a fun thing- I especially love that they have a bible study beforehand! I hope she really enjoys it!

Lana said...

Anna looks so happy to be on that horse. This is so neat and I am glad she is loving it:)

Kendra said...

THIS is very sweet - you can tell how thrilled she is by the expression on her sweet face!