Friday, August 5, 2016

Summer in Numbers

I saw a post like this on a blog I follow & thought it was a great idea.  I'm so behind on real posts on the blog but I'll procrastinate a while longer with this silliness...

Number of times this summer we...

Slathered on sunscreen:  100+

Visited Hawaiian Falls:  4

Hours spent reading library books:  hundreds (mostly Mae & Mom)

Hours spent listening to Tumblebooks:  25+ (mostly Judah - hallelujah!)

Played in the sprinkler:  4 or 5

Practiced flashcards: 0

Visited a foreign country:  1

Buckets filled with sand or concrete passed in Honduras:  200+

Hugged Abish (our CRF sponsored child):  dozens

Pounds of coffee exploded in our luggage:  4

Hours spent cleaning melted black crayon from the dryer/clothes:  4

Went on dates with my favorite:  4 or 5 (I love having a teen babysitter in the family!)

Destroyed the playroom with a craft project:  almost daily

Lost the hamster for 48 hours: 1

Visited the ranch & played with cousins:  1

Rode on an amtrac train:  1

Cousin camp with the Lazenby girls:  1

Went to Sea World:  1

Endured a week of band camp:  1

Drove across town to take Anna to band camp:  14

Got stitches in the ER:  1

Celebrated our first TEEN birthday:  1

Fought over turning off the iPad:  100+

Swam with friends:  7 or 8

Went to lunch with Julia WITHOUT KIDS:  4 (again, teen babysitters are the bomb)

I'm not quite ready for summer to be over, but somehow Anna starts school this Thursday.  Summer speeds up every year.  Judah told our friend Andrea who cuts our hair that he is looking forward to having 75 cents in his pocket on Wednesdays to give the lunch lady for ice cream.  I'm not sure if he will like the rest of kindergarten (besides lunch time), but I can say that this Mama is beyond excited to have some time to tackle projects, errands, even laundry & cleaning in SILENCE.   I love my kids & summers with them so much, but I'm thrilled to start a new season of having all 3 in school for 7 hours a day.   Hours spent crying on the first day of school... zero???


No comments: