Our neighbors Neely & Cole had a movie night one Friday. Lots of kids, LOTS of candy, popcorn, sugary soda... leads to a very loud movie experience! It was so fun though to snuggle under blankets in their backyard & watch The Croods with friends.
Our back patio has been under construction for months. It isn't quite finished, and these handprints didn't really set up like I'd hoped, but I have to include pictures of these two cuties anyway.
Halloween 2013... Over the years I have let go of making cute handmade costumes for the kids - it's a busy time of year! I bought a cute spiderman costume at the JBF sale for Judah for a whopping $5, so Mae decided to match him. She found a spider girl costume online for $6 so she was set. Anna changed her mind a ton this year - she kept finding $40 costumes online that she loved. Since we are out of the dress up at home phase an expensive costume for one night wasn't happening. The day of she finally chose to put on her gymnastics outfit & be an olympic gymnast. I think she really just wanted to wear makeup. At the very last second we had a costume crisis though... Judah didn't want to put Spidey back on after wearing it all day at preschool. Flat refused about 5 minutes before meeting friends for trick or treating. The girls came up with the plan to make him a ninja turtle using the shell I wore for preschool that day (I'm a turtle's teacher so we were ninjas). We turned a black printed tshirt backwards, pinned on the shell, and tied on a piece of blue fabric on his head... ta da! Ninja turtle. He loved flying down the side walk & up & down driveways on his strider as a "menja".
The day after Halloween is our favorite guy's birthday. To celebrate we went to our first movie with all 5 of us- Freebirds in 3D. Afterwards we went to one of Daddy's favorite places - Freebirds! So thankful every single day for our Daddy - only one more year until he hits the big 4-0!






1 comment:
Loved the Minja story. Glad you rolled with the punches and he had a great time. Loved Judah's comment when you first showed him the Spidey costume. Mae was gonna be Spider Girl and Judah looked right at her and said..."No, I be Spiderman, you be Spidermama." Every man needs a mama. The girls and their neighborhood friends just make this Grammy smile.
Post a Comment