Our favorite part of Honduras - these sweeties. I could take every one of them home with us & make them mine.
Megan (our cook's daughter) in one of the dress ups we brought. All of the kids (even the boys) LOVED the dress ups that my girls & our neighbors donated to the daycare. Their faces would light up when we would show them pictures of themselves on our phones - next time we need to install a full length mirror!
Our Susanna
Anna & I painted this unused table with chalkboard paint - a big hit
My parents are now sponsoring Irma (red checked dress) - love her beautiful eyes!
One morning we set up craft/activity stations & attempted to get the kids to rotate to "centers". They did really well with the concept (especially with our limited spanish to help them). Their normal mode of play at the center is a free-for-all, so we wanted to show the teachers another option. Anna was in charge of the water painting center & at one point said, "I need to take a break. I chose this center because it looked calm. This is chaos!" There was a little body painting going on. :)
We called this little guy diaper baby because we couldn't pronounce his name... he wore those necklaces, with one over his ear, all morning.
Suzanne told the story of the 3 little pigs with a book, puppets, & a translator. It was ha-larious! You have to know Suzanne- but it was the most animated version of the 3 pigs I've ever seen. Loved it.
The big kids in the t-shirts donated by our preschool. They were so excited about these colorful shirts.



No comments:
Post a Comment