Well... I thought this year was going to be the easiest Halloween costume year ever. I borrowed Judah's costume from a friend - I knew he would LOVE being a football player - and ordered an Aggie helmet online. Easy peasy! The girls decided with friends to all go as pirates & we found a really cute one at Walmart. I've never just bought a costume right "off the rack" for both girls because they always wanted to be something unique - some of Anna's past costume requests have been a white bunny, Rudolph the red nose reindeer, and Queen Ester. Not exactly Walmart costumes. Mae has usually worn one of our many dressups or I have sewn her something as well. Then, a few days before Halloween Anna told me that the character she had picked for hero dress up day at school (also on Halloween) had changed because they had to check out a library book on their character - she now wanted to be Florence Nightingale. For the love! I ended up sewing a old timey nurses apron the night before by looking at pictures online. Mae had to wear the vet outfit I had sewn the year before for hero day because I was a little maxed out on costume buying & making! They ended up looking super cute in all of their costumes & we loved trick or treating with friends. Little Bub got the hang of it fast... he wouldn't say trick or treat but would hold his bucket out & ask "get candy?" Who could say no? After a couple of streets we went home to sit in the driveways with neighbors & pass out candy. Judah would suck on a dum dum from his bucket for about 30 seconds, throw it into the grass, and unwrap another. He knew that this candy feast wouldn't last long & he needed to get in as many flavors as he could!
No comments:
Post a Comment