No big things going on this week - just a few random things I want to remember...
*Anna has discovered taking pictures of herself with the camera just inches from her nose. She laughs until she almost falls down after every shot. The air conditioner repairmen were here when she was doing it yesterday & she was screaming so loud that I thought they would assume I was beating her.
*Another Anna moment - sometimes she acts like the silly 5 year old she is (see above ;), & other times I think that she's really 13. I was asking her repeatedly to go wash her hands for dinner last night & she said w/ perfect teenage disgust in her voice, "Mom, just chill out!" That didn't go over too well with me. At 13 I'll be thrilled if that's the worst she says, but it's not what I want to hear from my 5 year old.
*This afternoon I had two very grouchy girls to get ready for church. They needed a bath beforehand & were fighting in the tub... Mae was in tears because she thought when she got up from nap she could go to her preschool class (she's "shining star" tomorrow & couldn't be more excited)... just a hectic day. I rushed out the door for church & stopped by QT for gas. As I pumped I thought my feet felt really comfy & looked down to see that I had worn my pink furry slippers to church. Too late to turn around, and I didn't care enough to stop by the store with two grouchy kids, so I proudly wore my lovely footwear to church. Thankfully I have great friends in my small group who already know that I'm a dork anyway. :)
*I got to sub at Mae's preschool for the first time on Tues. She did so well with me there... the class I subbed in was with her class for chapel & Spanish. I worried that she would cry for me & want me in her class (she told me as much on the way to school), but she just grinned & waved at me from across the room. I loved watching her dance & sing - she loves school. I had a great day in the two's class that I was in with the exception of the first 15 minutes. I had to rush a little one to the bathroom for stomach upset... he didn't quite make it. Compared to cleaning up throw up, the rest of the day was a piece of cake. I really did have fun & look forward to subbing more this semester.
*I really want to print out my blog. I haven't changed the ugly layout because I've been too scared that I would mess something up & delete it before it got printed. Blurb isn't compatible with blogger anymore. Has anyone printed using a different website & been happy with their book? I'd love to hear.
*Every time God lays them on your heart, please keep praying for Jenny & Brad... for healing & for better sleep. Pray, pray, pray.
6 comments:
blurb is the only print out blog thing Ive heard of but i havent been brave enough to try it. google it and see what you think and let me know if you hear anythign else..i wanna make a book too!
Okay, I did some investigating for you girls (and myself) about the Blurb problem. Turns out you are correct -- they are not accepting books via blogger, wordpress, typepad, etc. right now and don't anticipate doing so in the near future.
That led me to do some research and I spoke with customer service today with a new company called Sharedbook.com. I will send everyone more info via email, but a solution might be in sight!
I was sad because Blurb made it so easy and I have done 3 years of blogs with them...hate to be back at the starting line with a new company, but what can you do!
I wish I had seen you in your slippers... I love that I have friends who do fun stuff like that! :)
Too funny about the slippers! I cracked up! I hear you about the "chill out" comment. I have a little one in my 3s class that told me "Well do it then" yesterday...didn't go over very well.
The slippers were great, I would not have realized they were slippers, just don't come in your robe!
It is funny that you mentioned this because I was just talking with a friend today about wanting to print ours. I dred the thought of having to create something myself...I know that it would take me FOREVER!
I am going to cross my fingers about Kristen's findings with sharedbook....let me know what you decide on.
Jen
Post a Comment