Our first day there we took the girls out to the sledding hill behind our condo. Mae & Madison loved it, and even Anna did a few runs before she decided to work on a snowman instead. They looked so cute in their snowsuits!
After sledding we all took the gondola up to the mountain - I think the girls could have ridden it all day. Mae said that she would be ok if she fell out because the dinosaurs down there would keep her safe in the snow. We never know where she gets her ideas.
After the guys got back from the slopes we took the girls back to the sledding hill for their first ski experience. We couldn't believe how well they did! We would hang onto the back of their jackets & run down the hill. They loved it - Mae & Madison did it over & over, and Anna got in a few runs before she got snow in her eyes. They were all naturals. We tried again the next day & they were even better. My dad would let Madison go & she would ski short distances by herself into Josh's arms. Her little face was so cute! Mae got the hang of "cross country" skiing & also made up her own technique that she called "squat ski". She would crouch down into a tuck & then hop up and go down again to gain momentum. She looked like a speed racer - it was hilarious. She kept pointing at the mountain in the distance saying, "I can ski now. I want to go to the biggest mountain ever!" I think she would have if we let her.
Taking a rest on Daddy - being a pro skier at two is tiring.

This is her "squat ski" pose. We were cracking up that she could do this.


Anna enjoyed her second try, but she made herself a wet noodle because she didn't want us to let go of her. Our cautious girl.

Madison skiing to Josh.

The third day Mom & I joined the guys on the slopes. The weather was perfect - you couldn't ask for a better ski day.



Anna's absolute favorite part of the trip is the hot tub (or "hot dog" as Mae calls it). Every night she would beg to get in. She, Mae, & Madison would hop in & out, shoveling snow & dumping it in on Daddy's head, eating snow, and sticking their little bottoms in the snow on dares.

On our last day in town, we went up to meet the boys on the mountain to have a professional picture made of the group. Afterwards, Josh & Jeni took Anna & Madison to the fire station on Main Street. They had so much fun touring the station & sitting in the engine.
We were so blessed by this trip! We made so many sweet memories. After a long drive home (again, not much sleeping by our girls) our girls asked when they could go back. Anna said that she would get back in the van for another 15 hours right then if we would take her. We definately won't do that, but we are excited about going again in a couple of years.
We mostly used our video camera, but here is a little short clip on my camera of Mae & Madison skiing over to see some puppies playing in the snow. Of course, my battery died right after this so I didn't get them actually going down hill & didn't get Mae's perfected "squat ski", but this is still cute. Sorry it's sideways!
10 comments:
SO FUN!! I love all the pics and Mae squat ski. I am so glad yall had fun!
SO FUN!! I love all the pics and Mae squat ski. I am so glad yall had fun!
It looks really cold but like everyone had a lot of fun!
Oh My! So fun! As soon as I show Kevin this post and he hears about it from you, he will be chopping at the bit to take our boys. What great memories for your family.
What memories we made for ourselves on this trip. The girls were at a precious age where everything was fun and they didn't have a care in the world except to enjoy whatever we had planned for them. Watching them sledding and skiing was such fun and whenever I need a smile, I'll just think of Maelyn with her very special squat ski trick, Madison with her arms outstretched to Josh for him to catch her and Anna never walking on the plowed sidewalks, but rather thru the fluffy snow while watching her own feet with that childlike wonder that only a 5 year old can muster. Thanks for sharing this blog!!!
MOM
What a fun trip! Hannah will be very excited to see the pictures of your ski trip!
Looks like such a fun trip...I am SO glad that your family had such a wonderful time. Great pictures too!
Wow- such a fun trip! I loved all of the pictures! We (well, just Shane & I) are going to Denver at the beginning of April- hope we have as much fun as yall did!
What a fun trip!! It looks like everyone enjoyed it! Sure you miss seeing you lately!
It looks like you had a wonderful trip! I am very excited that we are taking the boys skiing for the first time to Winter Park over spring break. I am encouraged by your brave little skiers on how well they did! What wonderful memories!
Post a Comment