Christmas is my favorite time of year! We've already started celebrating... the tree went up the weekend after Thanksgiving, in the study this year so that our little climber will have limited access. It was so fun getting to decorate in the new house, we feel so blessed to be celebrating here this year. We have lots of fun Christmas traditions that we've started with the girls that I love, but this year I really wanted to have our family focus on our Savior's birth as well. Some girlfriends & I made 25 ornaments that chronicle Christ's lineage to go along with a children's Bible study each night of advent. We got to open the first one tonight, a globe to represent creation. The girls were most excited about reading the Bible story by candle light (I haven't found the advent candles yet, but this little dinky candle inspired lots of oohs, ahs, & giggling by Mae). I'm so excited about having some sweet time each night learning more about Jesus with them! We also got so many great ideas from a precious lady from our church who came and spoke on keeping Christmas Christ-centered. She was inspiring... she did awesome advent activities with her kids every night in December, but we are hoping to pick our four favorites to do on each of our Friday night family nights this month. I'm going on & on, did I mention that I love Christmas!?
Opening our first advent ornament...
No comments:
Post a Comment