I don't know how you guys hang lights at your house, but here's how we do it at the Dayton's....
1. Call for estimate to hang lights, say no thanks to the big $$.
2. Shop at 4 stores to find white lights.
3. Determine that husband can't climb onto roof with 8 ft ladder, borrow neighbor's.
4. Watch terrified as husband slides around on tin roof in 30 mile per hr winds.
5. Thank God when huge extension ladder blows to the ground 3 times and misses children.
6. Listen to husband growl & grumble as he tries different shoes, walking barefoot, & pouring water on roof to get better footing.
7. Go to the store again for more plastic light clips & another extension cord.
8. Get called while gone that gale force winds have blown half the lights on the driveway & shattered them.
9. Hold breath some more while husband reinstalls lights, taping each light clip to the roof (we will never get them down).
10. Cheer loudly when lights come on after 6 hours of work!
11. Cry when lights go off 5 minutes later & it's too dark outside to figure out why.
12. Cheer husband on the next day as he replaces fuses & reroutes cords.
13. Sing the halleluiah chorus when they come back on. They work! No broken limbs! What a brave Daddy!
5 comments:
I am glad yall are all safe and the lights are working. This post was hilarious. Your home looks beautiful all lit up:)
That looks great!!! I vote for leaving them up year round. Or... maybe around February there will be a special on "Christmas light removal" for husbands who refuse to climb back on the roof and wives who don't want to hear the growling.
Oh my goodness! As I am reading this Brandon is on our roof with a VERY steep incline putting up lights. That is too funny! (now that they are up and Tom survived!) The lights look great and I am glad everyone is ok!
That is a funny post Ms Amber. I am glad to finally find your blog. There have been no baby showers lately so I guess I will just have to settle for seeing you through blog world. : ) Hope you guys have a great Christmas.
Hi Amber,
I found you through Lana's blog and thought I would say hi! Your girls are too cute and your house looks awesome all lit up!
Post a Comment