My girls are still on a sugar high! We had a great Halloween this year... and a little too much candy. We all had the discussion at fall fest - didn't your parents let you have unlimited candy on Halloween night growing up? I can't say that I let them go crazy, but they did have quite a few "samples" as we trick or treated. See Mae's tootsie roll? And I just took Anna to the dentist this week - maybe our next check up won't go so well. I'll probably let them eat quite a bit more before I'll claim that they ate it all (really I'll stash it away for movie candy for Tom & I - what a selfish Mommy).
This year Anna wanted to be a bunny with long ears. Not as easy as I thought. There aren't many bunny costumes in a 4T, and those we found had short ears. With a little help from my mom's dress up trunk we used a white jumper (we call it the Elvis suit) & added some pink faux fur to the tummy & ears. When Anna first saw them she said that they looked more like elephant ears, but they grew on her.
Poor Mae doesn't get a vote yet, so Mommy picked her costume. She's wearing one of the jack-a-lantern outfits that my brother's & I had as kids (I think this one was Josh's since he was the smallest).
We stopped by fall fest for hot dogs & to see friends (I love the picture of Anna & Kylee), then headed back to trick or treat in our neighborhood. We are so blessed to know all of our neighbors - most people on our street were out in the yard in lawn chairs, so it was more of a block party. Anna got to run around with one of her favorite friends from next door - Abby (the ballerina) - and they both had full buckets after just a few houses. We thought we could just pull Mae around in her wagon, but after she saw that sister was getting gobs of candy, she was hopping out before we came to a full stop at each house. Smart girl.
4 comments:
I wish I had been able to see them in person, but the pictures are great,as usual. Yes, the jack-o-lantern costume was Josh's when he was around 14 months old. Mam-maw made each of you one that year. She was thrilled when I told her that you had me climb up in the attic to find it for Maelyn. (and surprised that I actually did find it) What sweet memories you are making with the girls.
The girls look precious! I am glad you are enjoying your neighborhood.
What cutie pies!
Such cuties:)
Post a Comment