Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sweet Mae








I know it's been a while since I've posted... we are already feeling the holiday business at our house. I couldn't resist sharing these sweet pics of Maelyn though - our little fall fairy. The costume was one of Anna's and has seen better days (it's been at a cousin's house), but despite the missing leaves Mae was precious in it. We didn't get it in time for our pumpkin patch trips this year, so we just did some shots in the front yard (that 85 degree November weather was good for something).
For those of you who don't get to spend time with Mae, I wanted to share some of the things that we just love about her right now.
*she's so quick to smile & laugh, especially at her sister
*she loves Anna fiercely, even though they squabble all day - Anna is the first person she wants to see when she gets up, and she doesn't want to go to bed without snuggling in Anna's bed first
*she is so cuddly, a dozen times a day she puts her head on our shoulders & says, "aaawwwww" (as in "ah, how sweet")
*she's a little monkey - she can climb anything, get into anything, & get on top of anything in no time flat (a few recent examples - she's climbed into the sink & given herself a bath, unrolled & tried to flush a whole roll of toilet paper into the potty, made a lovely table centerpiece of spilled yogurt & all the contents of the salt & pepper shakers, & she can push a kitchen chair all over the downstairs to get to anything I've put out of her reach - I think the Christmas tree will have to go in the study w/ closed doors this year)
*she's forgiving & loving - even on a day like today, when staying up way past naptime to pick up sister from school caused lots of disobedience (5 spankings - ah!) - she's still so loving & quick to say, "sowee mommy"
*her current favorite things: eating, dancing, babies, balls, being outside, & DADDY
*she's such a daddy's girl - she waits for him (often with tears) by the back door each day & just can't get enough daddy time
Anyway, there are so many more, but nap time is just about up! Thanks for letting me share!

2 comments:

rhonda said...

That second picture captures that little "impish" side that Maelyn has and that Grammy and Dingdaddy (who cares that we were going to call him Grandaddy) can't get enough of. Maelyn is the master at reaching the "unreachable" and touching things that her older sister never discovered as "worthy" of being touched. When she was here last, I discovered her asleep on the floor beside the pack n play where I had put her down for her nap. I'm really glad that there isn't video footage to show what she did behind closed doors before she fell asleep surrounded by the 3 pacis that she had thrown out of the crib. Yikes....who was in charge?? Grammy??

Love, Mom

Lana said...

These are the sweetest little stories of Mae. I sure do love her but my Katie sure does love her Mae Mae whole bunches.