Saturday, August 4, 2012

Consignment Sale

This is kind of random, but someday I thought that the kids would like to see this.  I am an avid consignment sale shopper.  I have worked & shopped my friend Holly's consignment sale since she started it 7 or 8 years ago.  With each sale it has grown, and is now HUGE.  I always start a list about a month before & try to think of everything that we may be needing over the next six months.  I got so many great deals this time - an entire fall/winter wardrobe for Judah, ski jackets & ski bibs for all 3 kids, a new lunch box w/ tags for Mae, a few brand new toys for Judah for Christmas, some games for the cabin on our ski trip, 5 or 6 dresses or outfits for each girl, and lots of other misc things.  This is just Judah's haul above - minus all the jammies which I had already thrown in the washer...

2 Gymboree cord pants
2 Gymboree khakis
2 pair jeans
4 pair athletic pants
3 collared church shirts
5 long sleeve play tshirts
2 hoodies
3 Gymboree sweaters
5 pj sets
ski jacket & ski bib
15 pair of socks
winter hat
brand new pair of Tom's - never worn
stride right tennis shoes
rain boots

Grand total for entire wardrobe for play & church including 3 pair of shoes - $130.  Can't beat it.  I'm curious if my kids will someday be bargain shoppers like me, or go the complete opposite way & do all their shopping at Nordstrom's.  Right now they love the sale - I always let them request one $5 surprise.  This time they asked for Barbies.  I got each girl a $5 gallon baggie of Barbies which they played with together ALL DAY yesterday without fussing.  Well worth 10 bucks!

No comments: